Vacancy - Legal Counsel
Avedon Capital Partners, a Dutch private equity firm, is seeking a Legal Counsel to join its expanding investment team, preferably on a fulltime basis.
Avedon Capital Partners is focusing on providing growth capital to small and medium sized companies in the Benelux and Germany. Avedon Capital Partners has offices in Amsterdam and Düsseldorf and currently >EUR 500 million assets under management. The team consists of 12 investment professionals, among which are the five partners.
This profile is an excellent opportunity for an experienced lawyer seeking to take a next step in his/her career with a growing manager that recently closed its third PE fund with commitments from international institutional investors.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day legal operations of the funds, thereby focusing on the corporate legal, fund administration and regulatory and compliance matters. You will be counsel to the partnership and participate in its weekly meeting and work closely with the investment team. You will coordinate the Investment Committee meetings of the relevant funds and be closely involved in the preparation of the quarterly Supervisory Board meetings of Avedon Capital Partners. You will monitor compliance with all fund documentation and follow up on relevant AIFMD and other regulatory development developments.
Further, you will be involved in the transaction side of the business. While the investment professionals coordinate and negotiate the transactions with external legal counsel support, you will be responsible for coordinating the related internal processes and support the deal team with the execution of the transaction.
Qualifications / requirements / competencies
- You are a qualified lawyer with 7 to 10 years of experience and have a background in corporate law.
- You have a Dutch law degree.
- You are familiar with fund structures and fund documentation. Experience in a private equity practice would be preferable.
- Whilst the role has a legal base, it will also include company secretarial and regulatory compliance.
- You are comfortable working on a range of legal matters and are familiar with the relevant regulations.
- As the sole in-house legal counsel working closely with the partnership and providing the partnership and the investment team with support and advice, you are a robust / matured lawyer, and able to act independently and communicate persuasively.
- You enjoy working within the framework of a supportive team but able to work autonomously and able to prioritize and work to deadlines within a demanding and challenging fast paced environment.
- You possess well-developed analytical and logical reasoning skills and are able to convey information in a concise and clear manner.
- Basic knowledge of German company law as well as German language skills are advantageous.
- Strong numeracy and excel experience is a pre.