Consumer & Leisure
We believe the key values accelerating the growth of companies in the consumer & leisure sector are: international expansion, multi-channel and online growth, brand development, polarisation (value/premium positioning) and operational excellence.
We have invested and seek to invest in, for example the following sub-sectors:
- Consumer Goods: Strong brands capable of internationalisation and innovation, commanding and protecting attractive margins (Marlies Dekkers)
- Food and Drink: Products which meet consumers’ growing demand for convenience and indulgence. Businesses that recognise the increasing importance of health, food provenance and resource sustainability (Ad van Geloven)
- Leisure: Companies which are benefiting from increasing consumer demand and spend on health, eating out, self-improvement and other activities (SportCity, 2theloo)
- E-commerce: Pure play and multinational specialists operating in specific niches where they can offer a differentiated customer proposition, rather than just lower prices
- Education: Companies that are meeting the challenges and opportunities of 21th century learning. Typically they bring technical innovative products and/or disruptive business models to the market.