Vacancy: Investment Controller Private Equity
Avedon Capital Partners, a Dutch private equity firm, is seeking an Investment Controller to join its expanding investment team on a fulltime basis. Avedon Capital Partners is focusing on providing growth capital to small and medium sized companies in the Benelux and Germany. On average Avedon manages and actively supports 10 – 12 portfolio companies in a variety of industries. Avedon Capital Partners has offices in Amsterdam and Düsseldorf and currently >EUR 500 million assets under management. The team consists of 12 investment professionals, among which are the five partners, and total staff of 17 including support.
This profile is an excellent opportunity for an experienced finance professional to take a next step in his/her career by entering into private equity with a growing manager that recently closed its third PE fund of € 300m total commitments supported by large international institutional investors. Direct exposure with portfolio companies in various industries in a dynamic and challenging environment.
This profile is an excellent opportunity for an experienced finance professional to take a next step in his/her career by entering into private equity with a growing manager that recently closed its third PE fund supported by large international institutional investors.
As Investment Controller you will be part of a small team of highly experienced professionals, where fund- and corporate administration are outsourced to third parties, with broad responsibilities and direct interaction with the investment portfolio companies and institutional investors. You will report directly report to the CFO and your primary responsibilities will be:
- Executing entire reporting cycle for Avedon and the Avedon funds and act as first point of contact for the external administrators
- Working closely on various financial matters at fund- and portfolio company level covering consolidation, financial statements, tax, accounting, working capital, besides ad hoc reporting requests and investor queries
- Supporting implementation and maintenance of a new portfolio management system
- Preparing performance calculations/ad hoc analysis and setting-up KPI dashboards internally and for portfolio companies
- Preparing quarterly valuation of the portfolio (a.o. monitoring portfolio company reporting, peer group- and DCF analysis)
- Review and monitor performance of key service contracts
- Supporting investor communications, including preparing Advisory Board and AGM meetings
Qualifications / requirements / competencies
- You have a degree in finance & accounting with 3 - 5 years of relevant working experience
- RC/RA/CPA/CA/CFA/equivalent is highly desired for the role
- You like to combine both financial accounting and business control activities
- You have affinity with private equity and deal structuring (e.g. involvement in company (tax) audit, company valuations, financial DD)
- You have advanced model building skills (e.g. investment model) and database management (e.g. optimize/automate reporting processes)
- You have well developed process structuring and analytical skills and you are able to convey information in a concise and clear manner.
- You are self-motivated, accurate with eye for details, result-oriented and reliable to safeguard the reputation of our firm.
- You are fluent in Dutch, English and, preferably, German
- You are motivated to work from Amsterdam